- Let's Get Started
APS does not change the way your application works. Rather, APS defines the way that Service Provider automation platforms must interact with your offering in order to properly manage the provisioning, billing, and portal UI specifications that you include in your package. In order to be able to wrap your offering in the APS standard, you must have accessible APIs or the ability for scripts to interact with your offering to accomplish the above automation.
- "What is Packaging?" Provides an overview of packaging from an ISV perspective. Click here.
- To learn about the marketing benefits of APS 2.0, click here.
- To view the APS packaging specification, click here.
- Parallels, the leading platform provider for compatible APS Automation Tools provides a course and certification in APS packaging. For registration details, click here.
You have two options for packaging your APS solution: you can use an APS-certified system integrator (SI), or you can do it yourself.
The APSStandard.org community includes several SIs who are already set up to work with APS packaging and who have collectively packaged over 100 applications. Parallels has developed an APS System Integrator program that includes a network of SIs to help you package your applications. These companies have tools and processes that make it easier for any SaaS ISV to enable, promote, sell, and profit from using APS:
- iSynergy Systems
- Northforge Innovations
- SCI Group
If you decide to package your solution yourself, you will also find ready access to helpful resources. Parallels helps ISVs within the APSStandard.org community by providing a set of development tools and a test sandbox environment, allowing you to package and test your APS-packaged software:
- A set of IDE Eclipse based development tools available to help speed your packaging of APS applications can be found here.
- To request access to the development Sandbox, you can submit a contact request here.
Technical support is available from the APSStandard.org site here. Premium support and consulting is available from any of the APS Certified System Integrators listed earlier in this section.
In order to be listed in the APS Certified Application Catalog, you must submit and pass APS certification. The following certification types are available:
- Silver certification: Packages are compliant with mandatory APS specification requirements and rules, per section 3.1 of the APS Application Certification Criteria documentation.
- Gold certification: Packages are compliant with mandatory APS specification requirements and rules per section 3.2 of the APS Application Certification Criteria documentation, and follow advanced techniques for APS packaging (such as supporting Upgrades, Patches, Multiple Languages, and Test Cases).
Consult APS Certification Guide to learn how to submit your applications for APS certification and register them as listings in the APS Certified Application Catalog.
4. Go to Market
Once you have certified your application, you're ready to list it in the APS Certified Application Catalog. Listing is optional, and you will explicitly need to request listing after you are certified. You can also discuss your offering with APS-enabled automation platform companies such as Parallels to further promote your application into their ecosystem of partners.
"It (APS Packaging) gives us greater availability and easier to use for the end users so we can find a partnership to go forward with that really gives us a platform to sell through."George Nicolas, Founder - Sonian
View all Conversations >>